Saturday, June 2, 2012

African Fast Food

Some time ago a friend of mine from Norway gave me a challenge to take pictures of African Fast Food. Kay, I didn't forget it, I was working on your project. Hope you like these small snaps of life:

To be fair, I only included pictures I took this year. Of course the number one place goes for the Street Meat in Sierra Leone! :)

Yes, that's the name. Does it sound / look familiar? :)
The food in the boxes are not too fresh, but quite stale :) However, it's called Fast Food so I included it! :)
My personal favourite! The van is speeding and the sheep is JUST THERE. Seriously! Is it fast food or what?
Freshly fried fish on the market...
This has been up before, but I thought it deserves to be included here. Roasted nuts for quick consumption.
Now this is real African Fast Food at its best - cooked for about 400 people and ladies walk around with it on their heads.
Fufu blocks and some sauce - fast and cheap!
Most food items come to you as you sit in a car, just wave the ladies closer.
Fruits are also included as a common fast food item. Just grab and go :)
My least favourite. This is actual fast food stuff. COLD African chicken with COLD French fries. It's fast alright, but there is no meat on the bones and the fries have dried fat on them.
She just caught the crab and now she is walking with it towards the road to sell it. Fast enough?
I added this one because the ladies are so FAST when they run to your car if you only slow down a bit... And the red cheese they sell is actually quite good if fried properly.
This was up here before, but it should be included here I think. She just bought the fish from the fishermen in the boat, the fish is still alive as she takes it to the restaurant when somebody just ordered fish.
And my favourite Togolese fast food: FRIED JAM STICKS! She soaks them first, then fries the sticks on the street, there is a fire inside the metal bucket. We bought a big bag of sticks and spicy sauce for 100 CFA (20 cents)
This is how you eat it while you hike around tiny villages in Togo.

No comments: