Friday, September 23, 2011

Ode to my red shoes...

Yes, it's a poem I wrote. Yes, it's quite random. Yes, I poured my soul into this piece of art so if you laugh after reading it... well, it just proves that I am indeed CRAZY :)



Oh, those nifty new shoes!
Deliciously red shoes
make my heart swim.
I kick the drunken brown tables,
walk to steal tomatoes
that roll rotten on the rainy street.

They take me far
to the torn heart of town
where friendly ditches grow.
Hot or humid, sunshine or rain
I save thy redness - come what may -
together we run sweaty all day.

The circle of roads
confused by the crowds
lead to bays of brightness.
Joyful scaffoldings –
their purple dance 
break the silence in my eyes.

                                                                                  by Réka

No comments: