Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our Group

This is our team. When we joined Doulos, the "other" ship, we were called the Beirut Preship, because we joined in Lebanon. Here with Mercy Ships we do Field Services for 10 month. Our Gateway Group has 33 members who will fly to Sierra Leone in 2 weeks. Most of us will join for at least 1 year. I will be the PR Manager, Liz, my friend will be in my team as the photographer, but we also bring a new Hospital Manager, many nurses, eye-team coordinator, cooks, a water sanitation expert, a captain, an IT expert and several others - and guess what: WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS! :) Our group has people from US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, UK, Hong Kong, Austria, Hungary/Norway, Holland. An awesome group! :)))


PS: the photographer took some more pictures after the group shot and I swear there is NO PHOTOSHOP in this next picture. He wanted to twist the camera too fast and this was the end result. He thought it was a cool shot so he gave it to me. What can I say???
Now I have results that the world indeed revolves around me hehehehe

1 comment:

Amber's mom said...

Hi Reka. Amber's mom here.... she thought I would be interested in reading your blog.... and she was RIGHT! What a grand adventure. Your trip to the North sounds fabulous.